Blue Faery’s mission is to prevent, treat and cure primary liver cancer, specifically Hepatocellular Carcinoma, through research, education, and advocacy. Our work will improve the quality of life for HCC patients, support their caregivers and give them hope, information, and a voice.
- To accelerate the acquisition and application of scientific understanding and to advance the diagnosis, treatment, prevention, and cure of Hepatocellular Carcinoma.
- To increase the scientific understanding of the correlation between hepatitis, lifestyle choices, and Hepatocellular Carcinoma.
- To establish international alliances in a joint effort to find a cure for Hepatocellular Carcinoma.
- To make clinical trials and treatment options available to all patients diagnosed with Hepatocellular Carcinoma regardless of age, gender, or ethnicity.
- To educate the public on the causes, symptoms, treatment options, and prevention of Hepatocellular Carcinoma through lectures and literature developed by the organization, as well as through the use of Adrienne Wilson’s name, likeness, personal story, and medical case history.
- To educate the public on the correlation between hepatitis and Hepatocellular Carcinoma.
- To educate the public on the other known causes of HCC, including Nonalcoholic Fatty Liver Disease (NAFLD) and Nonalcoholic Steatohepatitis (NASH) caused by obesity and lifestyle choices.
- To increase influence with private and public organizations to achieve Blue Faery’s goals.
- To increase awareness of Blue Faery among the general public in order to increase support for our mission and reach more people with the services we provide.
- To facilitate contact among patients with Hepatocellular Carcinoma, their families, and healthcare providers for the purposes of support, exchange of knowledge, and participation in clinical trials.